In compliance with Texas Consumer / Public Regulatory Requirements, the following steps must occur before any records can be released.
- A completed and signed Medical Records ‘Release of Information’ form must be provided to HIMS by the requester of records.
- This completed and signed form may be submitted to MCH HIMS via:
- Fax: (713) 526-0451
- U.S. Postal Service: Medical Clinic of Houston, L.L.P. Attention: HIMS, 1701 Sunset Blvd, Houston, TX 77005
- Email (non-secure): firstname.lastname@example.org. If choosing email, we encourage you to send your documents encrypted as an attachment. In advance of sending the document, be sure to alert medical records how to open the encrypted email document.
- Fees may apply, according to applicable Texas Consumer / Public Regulatory laws and regulations. Should fees apply, within 15 business days of receiving the completed and signed Medical Records ‘Release of Information’ Authorization form, an invoice will be mailed, via United States Post Office, to the responsible party.
- Payment may be called in or sent to MCH HIMS. Methods can include cash, check, or credit card.
- Within one to two business days of receipt of payment, records will be sent via method (certified mail, fax, or pick up) identified on ‘Release of Information’ Authorization form.