Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages

Our History

Medical Clinic of Houston has offered superior medical care for over 50 years.

Revised Font MCHLLP 50th

Drs. Charles A. Armburst and Edger M. McPeak began their joint practice of internal medicine and cardiology in 1949. This initial partnership eventually grew into Medical Clinic of Houston, L.L.P.

The name Medical Clinic of Houston was selected in 1967. At that time, there were nine physicians in the group. Operations began at the original 1707 Sunset Boulevard location on April 27, 1968. The number of doctors in the partnership has grown steadily since then and a new 125,000 square foot building at 1701 Sunset Boulevard was opened in 2009 to accommodate the addition of doctors and services.

Interesting Facts

Medical Clinic of Houston, L.L.P. began its operations in April, 1968 and was one of the first practices in Houston to offer multiple services under one roof.

Some of the first board certified internal medicine physicians in Houston practiced at Medical Clinic of Houston.

Dr. Ory (now deceased) was one of the first professionally trained infectious disease physicians in Houston.

Medical Clinic of Houston has always offered physicians the opportunity to teach while practicing.  Currently, MCH physicians are represented on the teaching staff of Baylor College of Medicine, UT Health Science Center, and Weill Cornell Medical College.

Medical Clinic of Houston, L.L.P. began operationsOne of the first practices in Houston to offer multiple services under one roof

Expansion of the original Clinic's service areaTo include a second floor

MCH physician Dr. Leatherman performs the first angioplasty in Houston

Further expansion of MCH service areaAdded southern half of the 1707 Sunset building plus a third floor for administrative purposes

MCH recognized for having the first accredited mammogram services in Houston

MCH offers on-site CT (Computed Tomography) adding greater diagnostic capabilities to our imaging departmentComputed Tomography combines x-rays with computer technology to create images of different bone and organ sections

MCH opened a satellite office in St. Luke's Medical Tower

MCH offers on-site MRI Diagnostic imaging servicesMagnetic Resonance Imaging is performed to evaluate the head, spine, joints and other anatomical areas

MCH recognized by Houston Business Journal as a 'Best Places to Work' medium sized company

Patient parking area expanded to accommodate increasing demand

Ground is broken next door to the original building for the new building at 1701 Sunset Blvd

The beautiful six story building is completedAll services moved from 1707 Sunset to 1701 Sunset Boulevard

Six MCH physicians transition to concierge-style practice

MCH is the first US physician practice to install Roche laboratory automation systemEnhancing Laboratory Efficiency and Patient Care

MCH begins offering Nutrition Education and a Diabetes Self‐Management Education* Program, recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self‐Management EducationReceiving this prestigious ADA Education Recognition Certificate acknowledges that the Diabetes Self‐Management Education program at MCH offers high‐quality education - an essential component of effective diabetes treatment

The Clinic's Diagnostic Imaging (radiology) department becomes paperless and filmless100% digital for clearer, more efficient, and better diagnostic imaging

Endocrinology is added to our menu of sub-specialty physicians

Low-dose CT lung screening is made available in the Diagnostic Imaging departmentComputerized tomography (CT) scans are now safer for patients

Cardiac PET added to the menu of non-invasive cardiology diagnostic servicesAvailable on-site for more comprehensive cardiac evaluation

MCH offers a separate 'Clinic' within its Clinic to better protect our patients and employees during the COVID-19 pandemicPatients who meet screening criteria are seen in our Satellite Clinic